Thursday, January 17, 2008

Our 2nd anniversary

This past Monday Sandy & I celebrated our 2nd anniversary.
As part of our honeymoon, we went to the Santa Barbara wine country to visit the sites and locations of one of our favorite movies, Sideways. As cheesy as this sounds, we loved the area & discovered the Hitching Post restaurant be cause of this. They have the BEST fillet mignon ever, great wine and a nice atmosphere despite the crowdiness. We have gone back twice on each anniversary now and may make this an annual tradition.
We didn't have to to catch more than one winery, which was Fess Parker's. This is a neat place that is also in the movie, but the samples were rather disappointing, IMHO.
After the hitching post, we went to the Firestone Brewery and I found the best beer I have ever had, Liberty Pale Alet. It was an IPA even better than their regular IPA.
We also went window shopping in Solvang & I bought Sandy the really cute coat you see in the picture.
The following morning we went to mass at the Santa Ynez mission , where I shot the photo before moving on back home. It was a relatively simple weekend away from home and a nice way to spend our 'versary together. We may do the same next year, but I promised Sandy a Disney cruise by the time of our 5th anniversary & I hope to accomplish this early. ..stay tuned.

No comments: