Monday, January 7, 2008

Cubensis - 20 years and still going


-4, Craig Marshall and Cubensis, sandavi.


This is a repost from my now former blog. I feel this deserves a spot here:


Last weekend I almost literally dragged Sandy to see a band whom I embarrassed to say I have seen for nearly the entire span of their 20 year history. (Am I embarrassed to be a deadhead, or about my age? you decide)

Cubensis is a Grateful Dead tribute band who have made a sideline career for themselves playing at least 1 show per week on a consistent basis for 20 years. They celebrated that fact at the Galaxy Theater last week to a packed house of the most hippies I have seen in over 10 years.It was great to see people whom I haven't seen in as many years almost all back together.
I used to see these guys play most every Tuesday nite and this was such a big part of my life. Things have changed for me quite a lot since then (definitely for the better) but I love to get a dose of them whenever I can, and there was no way I would miss this celebration with (almost) all of their former band members.
This Band was started by Craig Marshall and friends and has created it's own enigmatic history not unlike that of the Dead themselves.
To Craig and everyone who has been of part of Cubensis, Thank you for a real good time.

No comments: