Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Family




We had cousins visit from Texas this past weekend.

My father's nieces, Kathy and Laurie, along with her husband, Allen (did I spell those names right?) Spent a few short days out here.
Kathy has not been to California since 1969!
It is great to reconnect with extended family, especially since the passing of my Dad, who was dearly missed during this visit.
The photo above was made at the home of Dottie & Odell (Aunt & uncle).
Laurie brought the battered remains of a 3rd generation family album. I scanned some of the photos for sharing.

This one is my favorite. It's my great uncle George and his buddies, who used to jam on the front porch, hill-billy style!!! According to stories, he as a real Mayberry type of charactor. I love this photo & will eventually give a fll restoration to it in Photoshop.
It was great to see 'yall again & we look forward to visiting sometime in the near future.

No comments: