Wednesday, September 3, 2008

[b]usine$$ [b]uilding

Some of you who know me know that I am a fan of many photographers in the wedding industry as well as others. One shooter who's openness in sharing his business secrets with others is truly amazing has been building an online community for photographers called the [b] school. This is created by the one & only Becker. You will recall him from some of my previous posts (I'm gonna make you look for them ;-)). Anyhow, He has been building-up hype for this project with videos, links and general miscellanea about the business for the past year that has been very beneficial for me in building confidence in our capabilities. I have gotten to the point where I am almost angry if he misses a day of posting. Well, the [b] School is going live next month (Oct. 1st)and I HIGHLY suggest that any photographer, new or experienced, to sign up and give it a try. Please follow the link below for more information.




On a slightly related note regarding business building, I will be updating my site and plan to have it launched by November 9th. Why this date? This date marks 1 year since my Dad passed away.
This past year has been very difficult for me and my family and I chose to back-off of our photography to grieve & help out with family duties, but from here on I am ready to take-on more and get this ball rolling.
My dad was always a business entrepreneur and would be incredibly excited to see Sandy & I following our dream with our photography business.
It is in his honor that I will do whatever it takes to make this business a success and I will launch on November 9th to celebrate the my Dad's life and bring some light to an otherwise gloomy day.

Stay tuned...

1 comment:

CamilleElise said...

Hi there, I'm a fellow member of the [b] school. Read your post and thought it was so nice to have such a big moment for your career, and life to take place on such a significant date. I lost my Mum a few years ago, and know emotionally how hard it is to recoup, congrats for just making it through the day. I'm sure your father would be proud beyond words!