Sunday, June 1, 2008

King Kong - RIP

I had never been to Universal Studios before, but yesterday I finally agreed to go so that I could see the new Simpson's ride (which is sooo cool). I felt like such a tourist with my camera in my hand all day, but what the heck, it's fun. We took the tram tour & saw the classic attractions that they are most known for. I didn't care to take many pictures here because our seat had obstructed views. I did go ahead & shoot King Kong because I just wanted to see what I could pull off in these near-dark conditions. I knew I wanted to use the flash (the crappy on-camera one) to stop some motion, but this would also illuminate the backs of people's heads. So what, I was just playing and not planning to ever share these pictures publicly.
Imagine my surprise this morning when I find out that a lot of what we saw on this tour has been destroyed, including the King Kong exhibit! There is so much history in these buildings, it is so sad to see that these are gone. Sure, they will be re-built, but to have just seen these for the first time on the day before this happened makes it so much sadder.
So here is my picture of the day for 6/1/08. King Kong, I hardly knew yee...





...and on a more fun & positive note, here is Sandy & I with America's greatest family:

No comments: