Thursday, June 19, 2008

In praise of Canvas on Demand

After the WPPI convention this year (which I did not attend :-( ), I ran across an ad in Rangefinder magazine from a company called Canvas on Demand offering a free 16x20 gallary wrap for only the cost of shipping.
This seemed to good to be true, but worth a shot as long as it's (nearly) free. I bit & took advantage of the offer with lukewarm expectations.
...And was I impressed with the result? Absolutely.
I work in tech/customer support by day and am sensitive to the level of respect and service that I get as a customer myself. I have dealt with some companies who's level of service was so poor, I would be fired if I worked like they did. With Canvas on Demand, I lagged in submitting my image, but I got friendly reminders that were well timed & non-obtrusive. As I got closer to the deadline, I failed to consider the aspect ratio of the image I submitted. For vertically oriented images, I compose full-frame, which creates issues if I need to print for standard sized images. Long story short...they caught this right away & E-mailed me back that they will print at 16x24 at no additional charge and virtually guaranteed a great image by saying " We just wanted to keep you very informed and ARE going to get started immediately. We will do a great job!"

And they did indeed do a great job.
I suppose than many labs can print this job as well as Canvas On Demand, but how many can give this level of service for free to only a prospective client? not many.
...and did I mention that they also gave me a $5 Starbucks gift card?

When the time comes to order another gallery wrap, guess where I'm going?

No comments: