Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Gratitude




Last weekend we went to Vegas to see George Straight.
This is the 2nd time we went as GS seems to like playing in Vegas on super bowl weekend.
Those who know me know that I'm not much of a country music fan (especially anything post '77/willie/waylon, etc.)..but one thing I like about him is is genuine respect for his fans. You can see it in his face that he really enjoys performing. One thing he seems to do at every show is take the time at the end of the concert to shake hands with literally everyone within reaching distance of the stage. This was at a stage "in the round" and this took him a good 10 minutes while the music played-on, and he circled the entire stage, not missing a hand at all.
This is an "attitude of gratitude'' I aspire to in my own dealings with people and is a quality that seeds many rewards. Sandy does this in her own ways that have great rewards as well, as she so clearly pointed out to me while playing slots earlier that day.
I sunk a whopping $15 into the machine & got exactly what I expected, nothing! I let this re-affirm why I don't gamble, because I 'Know' I'll never win.
Sandy sunk in $10 and did OK for a while, maintaining 250 credits on a 25 cent machine. I thought I'd let her play to 200 before asking her to cash-out & call it a day, but she never got to 200 and probably would not have listened to me anyway. I didn't want her to lose & got worried that my 'bad luck' might keep her winnings down. So I made a point to stand well away from her. This seemed to work, in that my 'negative gambling vibe' seemed to cool-down her winnings while I watched close by. Not long after this, lo-and behold, she scores a 3200 credit jackpot. that's $800!!
So later Sandy reminds me about what I should know by now, but have not been applying as well as I like...If you expect a poor outcome, you get one. If you expect a good outcome, keep a positive attitude and share gratitude, success will come.
This works for George & Sandy, and has worked for me when actively applied, I just need to maintain this state of gratitude in of my dealings in life.

No comments: